kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

sick leopard gecko

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Gecko Forum ]

Posted by isleofskye on March 26, 2003 at 18:05:47:

can someone help us out? we went to a "reputable" breeder and purchased a baby leopard gecko about 2 months ago. we got the tank 2 lights, timers, rocks, wood, sand and crickets. we have followed all of his instructions to the letter. now i find out leopard geckos don't like sand and they don't need white light. worst of all he is very ill and i think we are going to lose him. i am mashing crickets and he eats maybe one quarter of one per day. his eyes are barely open, he is lethargic and very very thin. my son is heartbroken. we went back to the breeder and he said the baby probably has a virus and we should put himin the freezer and let him die. I never ever give up on any anmimal! I have nursed every kind of animal back to health. what can i do for him? is there some medication? can i change the environment? should i get rid of the white light and only use the red one? he also has a heat pad on one end of the aquarium, i didn't even know he needed a "hide box" I feel responsible for his problems now but i asked these people alot of questions and they appeared to know what they were talking about. what can i do now for him? you can post answeres here or send me e mail, i would really appreciate it. thanx jade b.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Gecko Forum ]