kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Alligators

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Alligator and Crocodilian Forum ]

Posted by crocs4me on April 09, 2003 at 16:16:49:

In Reply to: Re: Alligators posted by John_White on April 08, 2003 at 17:03:15:

:If you can "get away to call a licensed nuisances trapper" then you have the ability to get away from the threat. If the gators has you by the leg and you cannot get away that's a different story.....

:John

Actually, I've seen this type of situation in person unfortunatly...Fellow I used to work with back in the early 90's was doing an educational show with a lil 3 footer that was very easy to handle and made a great example to show to the crowd..Well, One day he saw this pretty girl who was flirting with him and on his own accord thought he would drag one of the big gators out of the show pool and act like tarzan..I wasn't there when he did that but was on showed up just as he jumped on the gator and started showing what a moron does when he doesn't know whats he doing and the big gator which was about 7-8 foot, turned his head and grabbed his arm in his mouth..I ran into the area and told him to relax and not to make any movements and I would try to get the gator off him..But he was in pain and screaming and the gator would not let go...I was tapped the gator on the nose which normally worked when they bit down on something but unknown to me he pulled out his pocket knife and stabbed the gator in the ear to kill it and sure enough it worked..Gator let go and he went to the hospital with some serious cuts..When he got back the florida wildlife and freshwater game commision was there waiting on him and arrested him for illegally killing a gator in the state of florida..It was his negligence that caused that gators death and he got a nice fine for his trouble..Fact of the matter is, You get bit, It's YOUR fault..These animals don't ask to be picked up and shown to kids nor do they like having someone jump on thier backs..Good example of knowing what you got in your right hand because if you don't, You may be using your left hand more often than you wish :-)

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Alligator and Crocodilian Forum ]