kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Reintroduced Siamese Crocodile exhibits first time nesting . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Anthropomorphism at its best!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Frog and Toad Forum ]

Posted by Convicts4Ever on May 14, 2003 at 13:28:04:

In Reply to: Anthropomorphism at its best! posted by Colchicine on May 14, 2003 at 10:07:39:

:I encourage you read the section under Ethology in the following link. I used the term anthropomorphizing rather loosely, describing how you were not unbiasedly describing the behavior, rather you were assigning a humorous and uniquely human label (goofy) to this non-human's behavior. People have a real problem separating cat and dog behavior from herps, who are almost exact opposites. I see too many people assigning behaviors unique to mammals to herps and it is the herp that ultimately suffers because of the misinterpretation.

Basically, you're saying that they have no emotions. I'm sorry if I called the behavior goofy, I guess that I'll treat my animals like they have no soul. So, the animal will suffer if I even TOUCH her in the sightest, huh? And also her leaning up against me when I put my hand in the tank is her way of trying to get me out of the tank and tell me to go away, huh? I have No cats, and I don't like dogs so how can I aply cat and dog behavior on my herps. Well, if you're the almighty ruler of knowing what should be the proper contact with herps, then you're saying that they should be treated like pieces of furnature instead of members of one's family. Good bye, I WON'T be back.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Frog and Toad Forum ]