kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: My frilled wunt Eat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Frilled Dragon Forum ]

Posted by Pennebaker on February 27, 2003 at 09:34:19:

In Reply to: My frilled wunt Eat posted by 4m4t3ui2 on February 27, 2003 at 09:14:13:

In order for any of us to help figure out why your guy isnt eating, we need to know your cage size, set up, temps, substrate, water?, etc...Off of what you said, get rid of an orange light--frillies are diurnal and want it bright--you need a heat lamp (white) and a uvb light (or get a mercury vapor lamp to accomodate both). You want the basking zone in the high 90s and enough space in the tank to get far away from that temp. Make sure he/she is hydrated by spraying and having a bath area for soaking. Water and heat are going to be the two main things for appetite stimulation. Also keep in mind that every reptile takes a few to acclimate to a new environment. Try not to handle this guy for at least a week until he's eating well.
good luck
dana

:i just recently bought a frilled and 2 days has passed but it has yet eat any of the crickets that i put inside the tank. Can anyone pls tell me wat to do? Are there any subsitute to crickets like mealworms, fruiys ,vege etc ?

:also, im currently using a orange colored light bulb of 60 watt for my frilled. Is it allright ?

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Frilled Dragon Forum ]