kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: building own cage

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Frilled Dragon Forum ]

Posted by jacsoncham on January 18, 2003 at 11:45:36:

In Reply to: Re: building own cage posted by porcho111 on January 17, 2003 at 21:05:38:

Thanks that is going to help a lot. Go ahead and email me those pics will help.

thanks

:ok for the branches go to the mountains, park or back yard(dont get caught) if you are anywere near them (I drove 3.5 hours) look for clean fallen branches or even cut them I like to find curved and twisted ones they have more uses if you have access to a screw gun screw them together anyway you like soak or scrub with bleach and bake ( I think around 250 degrees for at least 1 hour to kill any bugs that might be in it, for the size they should be at least slightly bigger than there body, for the cage I personally like to use hardware cloth (takes care of vent issue) and if you use it on top you can set your bulbs right on it it also lets them climb up the sides, for the misting system they are great but you also have to put even more thought into a drainage system (just in case)and the bottom needs to be water proof, I just bought a garden pump sprayer for $10 plexi glass is cool stuff but it scratches too easily and will look ugly in a fairly short time and the best part about all of this is you can get it all at your local hardware store Home Depot or Lowes if you want to post your address Ill e-mail you some pictures sorry so long

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Frilled Dragon Forum ]