kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Dana this buds for errr this post is for you...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Frilled Dragon Forum ]

Posted by Pennebaker on January 08, 2003 at 08:46:01:

In Reply to: Dana this buds for errr this post is for you... posted by jusmebabe on January 07, 2003 at 22:31:52:

LOL. How tall is that thing? I'm going to say that it is probably better to house them in that. I have noticed that even my babies do better in larger enclosures than 10s, as long as they can find the food. I put a food dish at the bottom and always shake crickets into it--even though they jump out, the babies learn to go down to the dish pretty quickly. Also, I think the babies you are getting will be good sized already, so the bigger enclosure should be less of a problem. Now, if it is a 6foot tall cage, it gets a little iffy, but I'd probably still go for that over the 10. But that is me. James' babies seem to adapt really well--you'll be surprised how sturdy and adaptable these guys are compared to bearded dragons. So, you can switch them around as a test and they dont seem to care too much.
As for all screen, I have some that have a lot of screen. I sometimes cut a piece of plexi or put a shower curtain up in the back for extra humidity. With the CBB guys it does seem to be less of an issue than with imports who need it much higher.
Hope that helps.
Have fun with them.
Dana

:My frilleds are scheduled to arrive tomrrow morning. I can't decide on cage size so i am either using 2 10 gallon taks or an all screen cage. I know about the humidity and keeping them well hydrated. Can you tell me if i can use the cage pictured for both babies? I am going to have branches and such so they can get to the heat and flourescent light. I am going to do the mistings and place a shallow water container at bottom. Just want to know if this is duable (new word?) or should i use the tanks? I read the care sheet (James emailed me yours)but jujst wanted to run this by you. The plant i the pic isn't in there that was from a panther chameleon. By the way i have approx. 15 hours to decide so take your time in replying lol...

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Frilled Dragon Forum ]