kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: UV lighting..

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Frilled Dragon Forum ]

Posted by bransun3 on November 25, 2002 at 17:44:02:

In Reply to: Re: UV lighting.. posted by Pennebaker on November 25, 2002 at 09:55:28:

:They can do fine with a reptisun, but those mercury vapor bulbs are really much better quality uvb.
:As for putting them together, she's way too small to go with such a big male. I would not even put them together until she is of breeding age (over 2 years old)--if she becomes gravid too early, she can egg bind and die. Or, the big male can stress her out.
:good luck
:dana

:
::Hi everyone..I have a question..I used to have a flood uv and heat light...and a regualar uv bulb in the tank..since it got a bit cooler i have put a ceramic heat emitter..Last night the uv flood went out..I had ordered a 150 watt incadesent bulb and just put in a new reptisun 5.0...would the bulb and the reptisun be enough???..i have to gauge the temp see if it still needs the ceramic heat emitter..But is that enough UV for them..Its a 75 gallon tank That I have him in.. And can anyone have some advice on what size the female should be when I put her in the tank with the male.The male is about 27 inches and well over a pound.The female is about 14 inches I belive..No clue on the weigh..Should I wait a bit longer Or put her in and see what happens.. Thanks..Steve...

:Hi thanks for the help..What is that bulb that you are talking about..I've never heard of it before...Im gonna keep the female away for now till she gets much bigger.
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Frilled Dragon Forum ]