kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: good to have more people

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Frilled Dragon Forum ]

Posted by James Tu on August 20, 2002 at 10:02:03:

In Reply to: new to the forum posted by matthew on August 19, 2002 at 15:35:52:

Frillies need a tall set-up so I would go with at least 4'Hx 3'-4'Lx2'-3'D. Give them some nice basking spots with temp ranging from 80-110F. A variety of cricket,pinks,superworms,silkworms, and my favorite roaches is a good diet. Very few frilleds with actually eat greens. I mist mine almost every night and usually dump some water over their heads from a bottle. I also try a give the adults a bath every few weeks. Also your frilled didn't drop its tail, it must have been bitten off a a baby or been hurt in some way. Frilled do not have the ability to detach their tails and like beardies can't grow missing parts back. Sometimes when shedding or just for no reason the stop feeding. I usually don't get concerns unless their weight starts dropping. If they don't eat for a week its always good to soak them and raise the temps. Otherwise they are not to hard to care for and can be a very fun pet.

:im just starting working at a vet/herp store. and they have a new manager they has said i can HAVE their frilled dragon. their gonna just give it to me. i had come in MANY times b4 with my tegu and others herps. so they new me. the reason they are giving it to me is he says this animal needs care that he thinks no one esle will give him. it his perfectly healthy and TAME. the new manager is a very nice man. now i know somewhat about them. but not tons and not as muchn as i need. so if yall could tell me what humidity heat water area and all that. and some pics of cages iw ould REALLY appreciate it. oh and it is an Aussie silver phase. not saure of its length a good part of its tail fell. but i would say like 15in and 20in if it had the whole thing thx guys

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Frilled Dragon Forum ]