kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

I've seen ones that have no hair at all...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Feeder Forum ]

Posted by NZ on May 06, 2003 at 03:14:34:

In Reply to: Hairless mice question posted by MissHisssss on May 06, 2003 at 01:01:55:

In a pet store near my house. They were small weanlings and they had no hair on them, their skin was dry and shrivled up! Cute little things, looked like hairless rats.

:I've read all the past posts on hairless mice and most say that they grow hair and then loose it. Then I read Ron's post dated March 5, 02 which was accompanied by a photo of a little black mouse that had a naked body with a hairy head. I have three of these in a litter right now. They were born naked.... and remained naked except for having hairy heads, just like Ron's. I don't know how many were in this litter since I got rid of some of them before they got hair... but I know that there were at least five of them. I was wondering what ever happened to Ron's mice like these guys... and if anyone would be interested in getting these since I am drastically reducing my mice population. By the way, I've been calling these guys MOPS since that's what they remind me of.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Feeder Forum ]