kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Can a virus save Frogs from fungal disease? . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Ringneck Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

my 2 cents - genetics wise...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Feeder Forum ]

Posted by shannons on April 24, 2003 at 11:45:50:

In Reply to: mice question.. posted by fcwegnm0 on April 24, 2003 at 01:05:35:

They will tend to grow faster/bigger if you leave them with her for a while - but since mice have a litter about every 21 days in the wild, they could be on their own after this point with no damage done. If you breed her with an albino you'll probably get some albinos and some hets. Since so many mice at the pet store are albino hets,even breeding her to a random male from there (who is probably het) will give you some albinos and some hets as well. Have fun! We produced a hairless in one of our last litters...genetics is a kick.
:another question... this one about genetics.. the mother is kind of a gold color...she was pregnant when i got her so i dont know what the father was. she gave me some brown mice and some albino (white with pink eyes) mice.. this means she is het for albino, right? and if i breed her to an albino male, i should get albinos and het albinos... right? dave

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Feeder Forum ]