Re: Getting rid of snakes... please advise...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ HerpForum - Europe ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by V. on May 28, 2000 at 18:38:08:

In Reply to: Getting rid of snakes... please advise... posted by Natasha on May 09, 2000 at 03:34:42:

Privet Natasha,

Iz yadovitych zmei tolko stepnaya y vozmozhno obyknowennaya gadyuki mogut vstrechatsya v rayonye Volgograda, no naiboleye veroyatno chto zmei neyadovityye. Sorry I can`t tell you how to get rid of them, IMO the best way is to get rid of mice first. Take care.

Russian Herper

: Hello Guys

: I'll try to make it brief. I am Russian living in United Arab Emirates (Arabian Gulf region). I have received a phone call from my mother who still lives in Russia asking me for advice for her friends. The problem is that they constantly encounter snakes at their Summer Cottage and are not so fond of it . (How lucky some people are!! I have been roaming around deserts days and nights looking for snakes, and some people just sit at home and snakes come to their own house :) ).

: Anyhow, I’ve told her that her friends probably have rat/mice living & breeding in that area (or may be toad, etc.), that’s why snakes come there. What other reasons could there be? How can those people get rid of their “uninvited guests” using some common household methods or products (some special branded stuff could be hard to find in Russia).

: Also, if any of you know which species of snakes could be native to Volgograd area, that’s a southern part of Russian Federation, slightly above between Black & Caspian seas? I am particularly interested in venomous species.

: Thank you so much, guys, for all your help.

: Natasha

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ HerpForum - Europe ] [ FAQ ]