kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Need Advice!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Escaped Herp Forum ]

Posted by RachelR on August 19, 2002 at 02:03:21:

Trying to get my Iggy some good old natural UVB, we put her in a cage outside about a month ago. Well, a cage that she had been housed inside for many months with no escape, she escaped from outside in one day!! Anyway, she's not completely tame, and we are having a difficult time catching her. A neighbor saw her today, and she ran up a tree. We climbed up the tree, and she only climbed higher until we lost her again. Any ideas on how to catch an Iggy that doesn't want to be caught? She's obviously staying near by because the neighbor said she saw her run from our yard. We put out a plate of her favorite fruits to try to tempt her, but even if we do see her eating it, she'll just run away when we try to get her. Any ideas? Maybe some ideas on a safe trap we could make for her? I'm at my wit's end here. The good news is with being loose for a month, she looks quite plump. I think she may be stealing my tortoise's food from the back yard...lol!

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Escaped Herp Forum ]