mobile - desktop
3 months for $50.00
News & Events:
Posted by Geoff on January 19, 2000 at 18:17:16:
In Reply to: Re.Posted messages posted by K.T. on December 16, 1999 at 18:02:29:
Here's how to post a link in reply to a question on this board.
1) Go to the Web page you wish to link.
2) Put your arrow in your browser's address/location box at the top of the screen.
3) Left click your mouse (the box turns from white to blue).
4) Right click your mouse.
5) Left click on "Copy" from the pop-up menu.
6) Go to the reply section of the post where you wish to insert the link.
7) Put your arrow in the "Optional Link URL" box.
8) Left click your mouse.
9) Right click your mouse.
10) Left click on "Paste" from the pop-up menu.
11) Type in the link's title in the "Link Title" box.
12) Type whatever you wish to say in the "Comments" box then click on "Submit Follow Up".
WEB PAGES IN FRAMES
Some sites have individual Web page addresses hidden within a frameset. To get the page out of the frame with Netscape you put your arrow on the page you wish to uncover, right click your mouse then left click on "Open frame in new window". The Web page will then fill the screen and the Web page address will be accessible in the location box..
You can do the same thing with Internet Explorer but it's a little more cumbersome. Put your arrow on the page you wish to uncover, right click your mouse then left click on "Properties". The Web page address will then be accessible and you can drag your mouse across it to highlight it, select copy from the pop-up menu and paste the address wherever you want it.
MAKING A LINK TO ANOTHER POST ON THIS OR ANOTHER BOARD
Every individual post on these boards is a separate web page with its own address. To create a link to an another post, simply follow steps 1 to 12 above.
Any questions? No? Good. Happy posting!