return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re:thanks, I;ll see about the course. Also, i think he just knows jacks*** and does not really want to take the time to learn.NP (great, huh)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Educator Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by paul on July 24, 1999 at 18:52:05:

In Reply to: Re: need some help with a teaher who does not take are of herps posted by Tom Lott on July 24, 1999 at 12:18:10:

: Paul,

: I sympathize with your situation. Your best tactic would be to try to unobtrusively assert your presence more and more into the care of the snake during the school year. You already have an advantage, since he obviously trusted you enough with the snake to take it home for the summer. Is there some kind of "Lab Assistant" program at your school that you could possibly take instead of Study Hall or Office Aide?

: If this man's care of the snake is so abominable, the possibility exists that he actually is not all that comfortable with it and merely keeps it in the classroom to be "cool." I have known some reptile keepers who were so afraid of their snakes that they hardly cared for them at all! If this is the case, he will probably gladly allow you to increasingly assume care of the snake.

: On the other hand, he may simply be so busy that care of the reptile is very low on his priorities list (still inexcusable). Again, he should welcome the help even more if this is the case. I taught the AP Bio course for many years and always welcomed any help I could get!

: Anyway, good luck and I hope the problem works out for you and the poor snake!

: Tom Lott

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Educator Forum ] [ FAQ ]