kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

no problemo

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ DFW Herp Society Forum ]

Posted by carlfranklin on September 14, 2002 at 12:02:51:

In Reply to: some clairifications / retractions posted by troy h on September 14, 2002 at 08:30:00:

No problem Troy.

Yes the % of captive bred herps was high. But I will go so far as to say that your anecdotaly received information was 100% inaccurate. If you have the opportunity to visit the next show then by all means come on by. If your source knows of anyone violating the cb only policy then let me know. It will please me to kick any fink out of my show and I bet that it would be approved by vendors that do adhere to the policies stated in the contract.
However, I have to admit that to me it looks like your source either doesn't know much about this industry or is just trying to stir something up.

I am not going to promote a cb herp show and allow anything but cb animals. Houston doesn't allow wild caughts at their expo and neither do I. It's that simple. I want breeders to flourish and to do well financially. Anything asides from cb herps would be business suicide. The Kansas city herp society has had cb only shows for 12 years with really good turn outs and vendor space that fills up quickly. In fact, I owe a lot to some of their members for coming down and going well beyond their means by personally assisting and helping out with the show. Another thing I would like to point out is that a good number of my vendors would not do any shows that did not enforce the captive bred only policy. That is the reason why there were some folks visiting DFW for the first time. That is also one reason why a majority of the vendors that were present at this show have indicated that they wanted to participate in the next event.

There have been numerous request made to me to promote cb shows in Austin, San Antonio, Little Rock, OK city, and Tulsa as well. While I bet I could pull it off I'm not interested in promoting shows in areas beyond DFW. However, I do know of a promoter who has some really interesting plans for hosting a captive bred only show in Austin.

We'll just have to see what/when his plans unfold.

Troy, I think you would fit in well as a vendor at any of my shows and I'd look forward to assisting your needs as a client.

Hasta,

Carl

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ DFW Herp Society Forum ]