kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Carl and Steve

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ DFW Herp Society Forum ]

Posted by carlfranklin on September 14, 2002 at 01:14:36:

In Reply to: Carl and Steve posted by lanceheads on September 13, 2002 at 20:39:09:

Hi Randall,

Since I'm responding to this post late, I'll cut to the chase.

Whatever business decisions I make for myself are my own. I can host how ever many shows I want, where I want, and when I want. People are also free to make their own decisions about what show to attend, sponsor, participate with, or attend. That goes as well for all of the vendors and the 1,200+ people that provided the modest turn out.

If my hosting a show bothers you then that's too bad. Go host your own.

Yes, of course I was in favor of the DFWHS decision to pull away from the TRE. Big deal, the decision was unanimous anyway.

Randall, I wish you were at my show. Because I literally did have a mirror at it and when I glanced into it I saw a lot of captive bred herps.

What is it that you have against captive bred herp shows?

Sorry if it doesn't rock your world. it does mine!

boogie woogie,

Carl

:While perusing the forum, I was surprised to see that you (Carl), made a motion at your meeting to disassociate the society with TRE. And that Steve seconded the motion.

:Please explain to me why this happened, without getting into personalty's, political,and ethics, because you can't point the finger at wild-caught animals at TRE shows, without looking in a mirror.
:I have known both of you guy's, especially Steve, for many years in the zoo field.(Steve at Dallas and Ft. Worth, and Carl at Dallas).
:I have seen both of you guy's at TRE shows many times over the years.
:I have heard you say positive things about TRE.

:I have heard Steve say after a TRE show, that he did well.

:I also have heard you (Steve) say after a show,(Dec. 2001) that YOU didn't do good at, BECAUSE wild-caught animals,i.e. cheaper prices, were at the show, along with sick and dying animals.

:So, please explain to me why the DFWHS no longer wants to support the TRE shows.

:And if you say ethics are involved, I cannot agree with that, because that would be the pot calling the kettle black.
:(a board member promoting a show).

:Randal Berry
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ DFW Herp Society Forum ]