Re: A little off subject...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Dallas - Ft. Worth Herpetological Society Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michael on September 04, 2000 at 09:56:38:

In Reply to: A little off subject... posted by Kaliah Brokenspirit on September 04, 2000 at 01:09:22:

I don't have experience with specific apartments, but one of the things our Pres. Steve Campbell is working on is a listing of animal control policies of the municipalities of the DFW area. For example, the Garland animal control officer says the restriction on herps in Garland is - no nonvenomous snakes or lizards over 6 feet at maturity, without special permit. Mesquite says "no exotic snakes". Most of these places enforce only when there is a complaint. It may be worthwhile to know the animal control ordinances of your area, and where there are no restrictions, perhaps that would be helpful in discussing with an apartment manager. If the city doesn't forbid it, and apartment policy doesn't forbid it, then a prohibition would seem to be based merely on a manager's arbitrary opinion. NOTE that I don't have the complete info on the policies in the area you mentioned. One of us will try to post more info as a follow up.

Michael Smith, Editor/Secretary DFWHS

: I don't know if this is a good place for this but I wanted to ask if anyone can suggest to me some pet friendly apartments in the dallas/mesquite/garland/richardson area?

[snip]

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Dallas - Ft. Worth Herpetological Society Forum ] [ FAQ ]