kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

By the way...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Crotalidae Forum ]

Posted by Jaffo on July 21, 2002 at 19:02:14:

In Reply to: OK. posted by Jaffo on July 20, 2002 at 18:04:40:

Have you bred rattlers of any species? If you have, and you know basically HOW to get most rattlesnake species to breed, then you pretty much know how to get cerberus to breed in captivity. Except for some reason they are much less likely to breed in captivity than other species, even for those who know HOW to breed other species... like me. So it has been suggested by those who HAVE been successful with cerberus that you add an extra male, because that's what has worked for them.

So there you go-- anecdotal information from someone who has bred rattlesnakes, who has gotten information from people who have bred cerberus. This is as close to pure anecdotal information on cerberu as you are going to get on this forum, because those who have been successful breeding that species don't frequent this forum.

Unfortunately, that is the best I can do for you, since I haven't yet had a pair (or trio) of cerbs that consist of mature adults. But I am axious for the chance to breed this species as well. Shouldn't be too much of a problem, especially since I already know how to get rattlers to breed in captivity, and there isn't much to it, really.

But you have to know THAT much before you are getting anywhere with cerbs. So let me suggest that you first ask for pointers on how to get rattlesnakes in general to breed in captivity, then ask for pointers on cerbs.

Sorry, I thought about it a bit, and had to add to my last post, which was possibly unfairly sparse. I mean really, why would anyone care if you or I breed cerberus?

Jaffo

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Crotalidae Forum ]