kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

thats cccccoool....Rich

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Crotalidae Forum ]

Posted by jagomez64 on January 05, 2003 at 01:09:51:

In Reply to: Re: does anyone deal with blue speckles...... posted by Rich G.cascabel on January 05, 2003 at 00:32:22:

:thanks for being helpful Ill start getting them ready and hopefully will have apair of pigs in the spring by the way are you on the west coast, Im on the border of az and nm-jorge
: If their weight is good give them a couple of weeks to clear the gut of all food and put them down for the rest of the winter. Mitchelli can go a long time without food. I have a female I caught in 1992 that ate a whiptail and a collared lizard right after capture. She then refused everything for the next two years. She lost very little weight. After the second hibernation I brought her out and put her in a dark box with a live fuzzie which she took. She is now a pig and doing great. I also have a male that refused all for the first year. At the end of his second summer with me he took two roadkill rodents. He hadn't lost any weight so I hibernated him. In the spring he was still sporadic but finally in August he started taking domestic mice with gusto. That yours is eating at all is a good sign. Things should improve in time.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Crotalidae Forum ]