kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Merry Xmas to you too...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Crotalidae Forum ]

Posted by Kenny Wray on December 20, 2002 at 10:46:42:

In Reply to: Re: Hey Rich! posted by Rich G.cascabel on December 20, 2002 at 08:11:25:

and I would love to have the reference if you can find it and the time to look. It does propose an interesting question to the evolutionary biology of snakes, since it is assumed that the vestigial left lung (or lost thereof) is related to the body morphology of snakes (i.e. slim, cylindrical, legless build). I would suspect that it would be presumed that these four speies would all be not only related (and I don't recall that they are all that close) but as you said, primitive types, which would then suggest that members of the genus Crotalus were sister taxa to Agkistrodon or perhaps not close at all.
Thanks for the enlightenment,
Later, KW

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Crotalidae Forum ]