kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Thanks, Jeremy!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Crotalidae Forum ]

Posted by Marty Feldner on October 11, 2002 at 16:57:16:

In Reply to: Awesome shot Marty!!... posted by Jeremy G on October 11, 2002 at 12:09:47:

"Those Grand Canyon buzz worms really are interesting and beautiful. Tell me, how large of a range do they have? I havent heard nor read much about them but the little I have indicates they are only found inside the Grand Canyon. Is that true?"

This question is a little harder to answer than it was a few years ago. Some of the work I have been assisting with is trying to determine what the boundaries are between various species/subspecies of the viridis complex. From what the data has indicated so far is that abyssus is not strictly limited to the Grand Canyon proper. We know their range is larger than previously thought but how much larger remains something under investigation. Still, even with the increase in range size they still have a geographically restricted distribution.

"Welp, thanks in advance and again, beautiful picture! I also loved the atrox shot. Wish I could get that kinda quality outa my old modle Sony."

I, too, had been using an old Sony for the past several years. It was a dependable camera but just didn't have the optics or pixels needed to get the clarity I wanted. I always carried it in the field but I have to say having a new camera has really renewed my enthusiasm for field photography.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Crotalidae Forum ]