mobile - desktop
3 months for $50.00
News & Events:
Posted by Saker on September 18, 2002 at 22:18:37:
In Reply to: Crotalus cerastes ! posted by 00Schlange on September 18, 2002 at 04:59:59:
The following is an excerpt for Bryan Greg Fry's website( www.kingsnake.com/toxinology )
"C. cerastes (Sidewinder)
Clinical effects - The venom is about twice as strong as that of the eastern diamondback, however this specie is not believed capable of delivering a lethal dose due to small venom yield. The venom contains mytoxins similar to those found in other species of rattlesnake"
Now onto the opinions. Personaly I think Crotalus cerastes is an OK starter I'll list some pros and cons.
1. They generally wont kill you...
2. If you were to get bitten there would be antivenin avaliable at hospitals.
3. They are pretty laid back(in my exsperience)
4. They're fascinating!
5. Care is very easy for adults.
1. They dont hook well.
2. care gets tough when dealing with neo's.