kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

  mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
 
click here for  Animal Specialties
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Anaconda . . . . . . . . . .  Reptiles At The York Expo Center - May 15, 2021 . . . . . . . . . .  Pittsburgh Mega Reptile Expo - May 29-30, 2021 . . . . . . . . . .  All Maryland Reptile Show - June 05, 2021 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - June 12, 2021 . . . . . . . . . .  Northern Virginia Reptile Show - June. 19, 2021 . . . . . . . . . .  All Maryland Reptile Show - July 10, 2021 . . . . . . . . . .  York County Reptile Show - July 11, 2021 . . . . . . . . . .  Richmond Reptile Expo - July 17, 2021 . . . . . . . . . .  Western Maryland Reptile Show - July 24, 2021 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Aug. 07, 2021 . . . . . . . . . . 

I have one question for you Frank....


[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Crotalidae Forum ]

Posted by Jaffo on September 13, 2002 at 22:34:09:

In Reply to: Re: I am sorry Jaffo posted by FR on September 13, 2002 at 19:00:41:

What if you're wrong?

"learn to read, learn to look, learn to listen. and dang that ain't no atrox or a cross, what is the matter with you??? for being so dang smart?"

>>> Maybe I ain't so bright. :) But the difference is that I am open to learning something new, despite what knowledge I already have. I suppose it could be a ruber, a scute, or a slight maybe for a mitchelli. If it isn't any of those, it may very well be a cross, and you may very well be wrong. But it looks like you're choosing to leave that up to my imagination, because I can't make a decent call without seeing the rest of the animal. But that's probably what you consider "fun". I consider it bullsh!t. LOL.

"Also, Learn to be scientific, because surely you are not."

>>> I'm not a scientist, if that's what you mean. I tend to use common sense more than anything else. I KNOW you know what THAT is.... don't you? We all have our personal barriers... some more obvious than others.

"If you think this forum has anything to do with science, you are lost."

>>>> Hmmmm.... I would suggest the opposite. If you think this forum is about purdy colors and extraordinary claims, you are way off.

" Why should it be??????"

>>> Because biology is the study of living things. Biology is science. This forum is called the Crotalidae Forum, which is Latin nomeclature assigned by scientists. I would expect anyone who is interested in Crotalids to be interested in the research associated with them. If you're not, you're limiting yourself.

"I think its supposed to be fun, instead of showing you more of the snake, I will not show anything here."

>>> Well, I guess if that's fun for YOU, that's all that matters. :)

Jaf





Follow Ups:




[ Follow Ups ] [ The Crotalidae Forum ]