kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Timber Rattlesnakes

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Crotalidae Forum ]

Posted by K.E. on August 30, 2002 at 11:24:23:

In Reply to: Re: Timber Rattlesnakes posted by EK on August 29, 2002 at 18:06:28:

:I usually don't see them with more than just the head and neck into it. However I do have captive copperheads that will sit in the rienert posture with half the body into it in the corner of the cage.

:That is a great shot BTW and a beautiful horridus-where was the picture taken?

I find it an honor and a privledge to be able to observe these animals in the wild. They are amazing. I have found them under tin before, as well as in trash heaps, but nothing even comes close to observing one in a forest type setting where they blend in and are nearly impossible to see even when you are staring right at them. I have heard numerous horror stories about people having their sites ramsacked after telling someone a location. I have observed that it is usually not the person you tell, but a friend of a friend of a friend. For this reason I will say no more than that the snake is from the glorious state of Kentucky. It is one of the few remaining states that still has healthy populations. In these parts we aim to keep it that way be keeping ur mouths shut!!

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Crotalidae Forum ]