kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Reintroduced Siamese Crocodile exhibits first time nesting . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

turbo-fan hovabator

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Corn Snake Forum ]

Posted by IcedGoddess on May 12, 2003 at 09:24:57:

In Reply to: incubation inquiry posted by carlo on May 11, 2003 at 21:04:11:

Put the covers on the deli's, especially in a turbo-fan model. The fan is great for bird eggs, but it will dry out corn eggs. Be sure you check the humidity often, I've heard the fan models are more dangerous because of the drying. If you can, maybe put in a deli with warm water too, to help raise humidity.

Mom can eat as soon as she wants, start out with smaller meals, she's probably pretty tired for digesting a big meal. But I fed mine the day she layed (2 fuzzies) the next day (a weanling) and three days later another weanling, after that, she was on her normal schedule again. Put the male back with her right after she shed's, which should be in a week-to two weeks. Good luck WAITING for the hatch:)

:Hi,my blizzard corn laid 20 eggs today and I got the eggs in 5 deli cups with moistened bounty paper towels for substrate in a turbofan Hovabator ,temp set at 82-83F.My question is do I put the plastic lid on the deli cups when I set them inside the incubator or just take the lids off the deli cups inside the incubator.When can I feed the female corn and when can I put the male back in with her.Any info will be gladly appreciated.Thanks.Carlo

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Corn Snake Forum ]