kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Check your email.np

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Corn Snake Forum ]

Posted by gideon hodulick on May 04, 2003 at 20:15:06:

In Reply to: a question about feeding live and breeding mice.......... posted by mike_panic on May 04, 2003 at 12:49:57:

:hello guys, after finally getting fed up with mice dealers and the ever climbing costs of frozen mice, I have decided to attempt to breed my own. I have a couple of questions for those who do the same. First, yes I know to stun the mouse before I put him in the snake enclosure and yes I know of the smell. Does anyone breed mice in the same room that their snakes are in. Im not talking a lot of mice, Im starting with five bins of 2.5. Does the smell keep the snakes constantly hungry?(I figured if anything, they would get more exercise). I have always kept a very strict feeing regimin and will continue to do so. Do they become no longer excited about the smell of a mouse, ie feeding day? Anyone who breeds mice in the same room as their snakes could you please list some pros(if any) and cons. Include how many bins of what ratio, and how many snakes you can feed with them. Thanks alot, I appreciate it. Mike Panichi

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Corn Snake Forum ]