kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

don't hate me...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Corn Snake Forum ]

Posted by h0mersimps0n on April 27, 2003 at 14:21:07:

In Reply to: how do you seperate a clutch of eggs from each other ????N/P posted by outspokean on April 27, 2003 at 12:07:50:

I know there are some people around here that are going to kill me for saying this but... as it says in the corn snake manual- method for removing bound slugs- if you lightly water the "bind" junction and carefully, CAREFULLY pull them apart, you might be able to separate a few.

When my (and my snakes) first clutch came out on the 4/22, they were stuck together and the container I was going to use (shoebox) was not low-profile enough to fit into my incub. so I had to use deli cups (oye) which meant separating them.

carefully, I watered and pulled apart just enough to fit a clump into each cup. I didn't tear a single egg, but I might have:

1.) been lucky
2.) caught the eggs early (i.e. I did this the second she was done laying)

Good luck..

P.S. be sure to preserve "upright-id-ness" of the eggs, rotating them too much can drownd the embryo- don't use marker either- (see Corn Snake Manual)-

I'll let you know how many hatch in June.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Corn Snake Forum ]