mobile - desktop
3 months for $50.00
News & Events:
Posted by Taceas on April 25, 2003 at 13:33:17:
Finally, it has happened. Hecate finally cooperated long enough for Diablo to get the "job" done. Right now I'm so happy I don't know which way is what. Only fellow herpers would understand the elation I'm feeling right now over my two snakes' mating. =P
I've got some pictures, and a few questions. About all of this.
First, the questions. I've read the chapter on breeding in the corn snake manual a few times now, and correct me if I'm wrong:
1. How many times should I let him breed with her, and should I let him rest the said 3 days time between matings?
2. It'll be between 3-5 weeks before she will be visibly gravid, correct? Still eating like a horse.
3. She will shed, and then she'll lay her eggs 10-14 days aftr shedding.
4. Prior to her shed, I should get her a laying box. A rectangular plastic container with moist medium in it, in which to help her shed and as a future place for her to lay her eggs.
5. What temperature should I set my incubator at? I think I read earlier in the week 82, which would allow for a natural rise and fall of the room temp.
And now, for the pictures. ;)(Sorry, some of them have water spots from the misted aquarium in the way.)
I'm still excited! =P