kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Reintroduced Siamese Crocodile exhibits first time nesting . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Both, depends on the snake's personal taste really..

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Corn Snake Forum ]

Posted by Taceas on April 21, 2003 at 21:18:01:

In Reply to: feeding a fully grown snake posted by Dan Hoffman on April 21, 2003 at 18:11:58:

I have a male that will only feed on adult mice. He snubs his nose at anything else. I've even tried tricking him into feeding on a mouse scented rat (when I have too many rats), and he ignores it.

And I have a female who prefers weaned rats. She'll eat anything I have on hand really, but I get the strongest feeding response from rats.

You might try and find which type of prey your snake seems to prefer.

As well as the other person who posted, there are both camps of people as far as feeding preferences. But it all boils down to whether your snake is getting the proper nutrition and is happy on what he's being fed.

Whereas I prefer rats simply because I breed them, and I think my snakes that will feed on them, do better..other people prefer mice for the simplicity factor.

There's a string of posts farther down this forum on whether to feed rats or mice, and the nutritional differences of both, that you might find interesting.

Here's the link to the original post, and you can read the follow-ups to it.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Corn Snake Forum ]