kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Zoo Med Repti Therm_UTH  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

I dont know with just 2 collareds if you want to >>>

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Collared Lizard Forum ]

Posted by eve on May 10, 2003 at 08:35:55:

In Reply to: crickets posted by SBShortie on May 09, 2003 at 21:12:32:

:Sorry if this has been discussed before. How hard it is to keep crickets and breed them or whatever? I am getting sick of going to the pet store all the time and giving them however much money. But even in the little "cricket corral" I get some that die. Umm just let me know cuz it is something I am really interested in. Thanks :)
Get into all that yet, I breed them,because I have frogs that eat them, 8 collareds,and many other types of lizards, I started by buying 1000 and then you have to pick out a few female and male crickets put them seperatly in a tank or tub whatever, with a a container of potting soil kept damp,Temp must be warm for them to do this, atleast 80, they will go into that container like a plastic deli type, and females will deposit eggs . Leave container in with them for a week, then you can remove and put where its atleast 80 or more degrees, then they hatch and ya have tiny tiny baby crickets, but then that takes about 3 weeks for them to get to the size to be food. Unless you always have more being layed in different containers all the time, which I think is just alittle much right now for 2 I would just purchase 100- 500 maybe online from a cricket place near you. When I dont breed, because of just being to busy I order a couple thousand from Herpfood.com hes been great to me, hes got different bugs worms and so, different amounts you can buy, works out !!! Also when you get into breeding, or Many crickets they have a smell, you have to keep them very clean or you will wonder where that stink is coming from LOL. :0) Eve

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Collared Lizard Forum ]