kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

I would say to you that.........

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Collared Lizard Forum ]

Posted by jason111 on April 27, 2003 at 01:40:31:

In Reply to: Questions posted by sbshortie on April 27, 2003 at 00:19:43:

every lizard is different and every enviro that is offered may be different,for this reason i would leave it about another 4 days just incase it is stress.It could be that they are in a high traffic area or that something they can see is intimidating them(cat,dog,snake or anything alike)i'm saying this from an experience because i bought a female C.Collaris a while back and she never ate for a week,and on the other hand i recently bought a male who devoured a locusts literally seconds after i introduced him 2 his new cagemates.So as long as they are drinking and not showing any bones or signs of illness wate a little longer and try smaller crix,i tend to find that when collards go off eating the solution usually lies in giving smaller food items or it may be something has changed.
goodluck and see yah later.
jason:)
:My lizards are actually the same age and they eat wax worms and crickets twice a day. They started eating a few hours after I got them in the mail. I don't know what to do about yours tho...maybe crickets :)

::How often should babies eat mine are around 4 weeks of age. I just got them the other day. I have tried to feed them mealworms and waxworms as of now and they have not taken them. Is it because of them trying to get used to there new environment or what. This just makes the second day I have had them. Tell me when I should get worried. Thanks for all the help from the last post it really helped me set up there habitat and everything.

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Collared Lizard Forum ]