kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Looks great! how heavy...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Chuckwalla Forum ]

Posted by JohnStyner on April 07, 2003 at 10:14:41:

In Reply to: Looks great! how heavy... posted by Sofia_C on April 07, 2003 at 09:28:26:

Thanks. The Igs do love it. thay actually don't like to come out. I handle Tuffy the male every day. When I take him out he tries to get back in.

The rocks are very heavy. I only dig them up to check up on them when they estivate or brumate or to get eggs. All of the base rocks are on whole or pieces of bricks that are on their side. When I lift the base rocks you immediatly see the tunnel networks or the Ig. the eggs are a different story as I have to dig for them even after lifting the rocks.
John Styner

:Looks great!!
:But how heavy are the rocks? It must take you quite som time to find them if they're hiding? Have you digged in the sand too, or are the stones enough?

:Great enclosure :) your lizards got to love it :)

:best regards
:Sofia

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Chuckwalla Forum ]