kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: DI eggs Hey John Question

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Chuckwalla Forum ]

Posted by eve on March 05, 2003 at 08:19:40:

In Reply to: Re: DI eggs Hey John Question posted by JohnStyner on March 04, 2003 at 15:23:29:

:::Tuffilina layed 5 eggs yesterday after being lumpy for almost a month. She left an open area around where she deposited them like she did the last time like she ment to expose them to air. Unfortunatly I broke one trying to find them as it took a while to locate them. The remaining four look great and seem to be well calcified . I temporarily removed the male to give her an easier time to recouperate.

:::John Styner
::***********
::Hi John, first congrats on the eggs,thats great ! I just adopted an unwanted desert ig, alittle thin but otherwise very nice, I really like him alot. I have alot of different types of lizards, this guy has already won a special spot !! Anyway, I was wondering as far as sexing, is it like sexing chucks (larger pores) what not? ) Thanks, appreciate it ! Eve

::
::
:Thanks Eve,
:They are great little lizards with the intelligence of a larger lizard. On sexing they are the typical things for males -larger femoral pores, hemipenal bulges under the base of the tail and a larger head. But if you dont have comparisons its hard as they have small heads to begin with. Both sexes have small spikes and posture with pushups but males more often. I found hatchlings imposible to sex visually. My hatchling from last year was almost 7 months old before I was reasonably sure its a female.
:Good luck with yours
:John Styner
:
Thanks John, I will check today see what I have, have to name this little cutie, seems to be adult length but not very wide (girth) very stream lined I will post pic, he is thinner in person, back towards the hip area his tummy is abit concave, I was told that he was only fed iguana pellets and a some crickets sometimes, I have started him on a daily lizard salad like the rest of my bunch, and superworms and crickets, but have only had him 3 days, and have not seen to much interest in eating or alot of activity , I can only hope he will do well !!! Thanks again for info would appreciate any tidbits on these guys you may have, I have seen how good looking and healthy yours are.:0) Eve

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Chuckwalla Forum ]