kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re:Tom, very sorry to hear this.... I also heat abit during

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Chuckwalla Forum ]

Posted by eve on January 25, 2003 at 09:42:32:

In Reply to: Terrible winter so far....... posted by tgreb on January 24, 2003 at 07:23:38:

:Just when you think you have everything figured out these lizards will kick you square in the a$$. As a couple of you know I have had some crappy luck so far this winter. I lost my oldest female San Esteban Island chuckwalla and the female Baja Blue Rock lizard AR sent me at the beginning of December during hybernation. Although both seemed very fat and healthy they seemed to be severely dehydrated if that is possible. My adult male Baja Blue Rock lizard also seems to be on his way out. Attempts to rehydrate him seem to be failing miserably. Then my wife calls me at work yesterday and tells me that my yearling male cyclura lewisii hybrid seems very lethargic. Well by the time I got home he was dead. Also very healthy looking and was eating like a pig just the day before. I figure if this keeps up I will have no lizards by spring and will be free again. Since it's been kinda slow I figured I would just update you all.
Brumation, just abit, alot lower than spring and summer, but just enough like the other poster said if they want to come out and bask they can, and if I happen to see them up I put a few munchies in with them. I do it with chuck, collareds, bearded dragon, BTS, emerald swifts, uro's so on.... this does not stop them from brumating during cold, but they all pop out from time to time to drink and get a bite, also I know people think this is very wrong, but so far so good !!! And as far as them burning to much fat because of some heat, HAVE NOT SEEN IT !!! They all stay fat !!! Again really sorry, Hang in there ! :0) Eve

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Chuckwalla Forum ]