kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Question about cham setup

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]

Posted by dank7oo on May 12, 2003 at 15:55:48:

In Reply to: Question about cham setup posted by Carlton on May 12, 2003 at 12:50:35:

i have had him for two years, but i have recently questioned some of the info i got when i first bought him, with info read here - you help was greatly appriciated!
Jason & Ichiro

:I'm a bit confused. If you've had Ichiro for 2 years he is way past his "coming of age". If his attitude has changed recently see if there is a change in his room (such as seeing another animal, more activity, reflections) causing him more stress. Some of your questions sound as if you just bought him, and some sound as if you've had him quite a while. Live plants are good because they tend to keep the cage more humid, filter the air, and provide climbing and hiding spots. He can regulate his temp easier. But, if he's healthy and using the fake plants that seems to work for you. Chams have individual appetites. If he's never seen various worms before he's not likely to try them at this age. Many worms just don't move around enough to interest chams. He's more likely to eat what he is familiar with, so make sure the crix he does eat are well gutloaded. You can trick him into trying new foods by mixing them in with his crix...and he may shoot one by mistake and try it. Also consider trying flying insects such as larger houseflies or night moths. Many chams love to hunt them. Hand feed him favorite treats so he looks to you for good things. It will keep him slightly less pissy towards you.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]