kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Thinking about getting a chameleon...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]

Posted by iwana on May 10, 2003 at 18:45:44:

In Reply to: Thinking about getting a chameleon... posted by K1LOS on May 10, 2003 at 15:36:52:

Hi,

Where in Canada are you? I used to live in Montreal and recently moved to Vermont. We bought our veiled chameleon while at a show in Toronto three years ago, here are some contacts I picked up while I was there (I don't know if any are still valid, these are from business cards I picked up while at the show):

Canadian Coldblood: cdncoldblood@hotmail.com
www.globalexoticpets.com (breeders, importers/experts of rare geckos and chameleons): phone 519-888-0688

I also did a web site for the Montreal Herpetological Association, you can also try and contact the President and/or Co-President of the association via the MHA's web site: www.montreal-herp.org. They might also be able to point you in the right direction.

Good luck!

Julie

:hello everyone, i am an avid turtle hobbiest, and me and my girlfriend are looking to get a new pet. We both decided we would like to have a chameleon and are starting to look into it. I was hoping to build my own cage, anybody have plans? What materials should be used? I would also like to see a good care sheet. What species would be good to start with, veiled? Can anybody recommend a breeder? I live in canada so i would need it to be shipped here.

:also, how are chams with being held? And here's a dumb question, how much colour do they actually change? Can they match most colours or is it just browns and greens? Thanks for all the help!

:K!LOS

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]