kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Veild Cham Laying

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]

Posted by lele on May 09, 2003 at 17:24:21:

In Reply to: Veild Cham Laying posted by fishie on May 09, 2003 at 13:49:44:

Check out link below...hope this helps and I am sure others on the forum will help you out as well.

lele

:Hi there,

:I have a veild that began scraching at the bottom of her cage a few days ago, I placed some soil into her cage yesterday (in a 4liter bucket), and she has begun to dig a tunnel.... I'm very nervous though, because she seems very skinny and I have recently moved, spending 4 days on the road with her, and she hasn't been eating since we were living at the old place (moved into the new place 7days ago).

:Is there anything I should do for her, or watch for if she is laying eggs? I read about giving her calcium suppliments or food to keep up her strength during this time, but I don't want to stress her anymore then she already is... (she hates being handled)... Right now she's still as spunky, but darker and determined to dig - so I'm leaving her alone as much as possible.

:
:Please, any information you could give would be great, since I've never had any of my guys lay eggs before, and this cham is only seven months old (I wasn't expecting this)! I've read all the info I could get my hands on, but I'm not sure what to do about my particular situation...

:Thanks :)

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]