kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Morgana don't you have a web site?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]

Posted by Chameleon996 on May 07, 2003 at 14:12:54:

In Reply to: Veiled question? posted by reptayls on May 07, 2003 at 09:17:25:

?:Hi Dawn,

:Ah... the veiled attitude!
:Welcome to the world of mood wings. :)

:In our years of experience with the veiled chameleon (going on 5), we have seen numerous different personalities. There is no set character trait for the veiled - except to say they can have plenty of "attitude"

:Just when you think you have a sweet one... puberty hits and they hate the world. When you have an ornery one... suddenly they mellow out!

:The best advice I can give: keep the routine steady with your animal. If you stop handling her, she will think she has intimidated you and is the boss. Be gentle, but show her that you in charge, and stroke under her chin to soothe her. But remember to give lots of treats when she is being handles - or use them to coax her onto your hand (we use waxworms and silkworms)

:If she is growing that fast... be sure to keep her calcium supplement routine too - so her bones won't get left behind in the growth race.

:Morgana - Reptayls, Ltd.
:P.S. We have flapnecks too - aren't they just great pals!

::I recently got two young veildes that are about three or four months old. The female totally outgrew the male quickly. Both are healthy and doing fine, but the females attitude is bigger than she is. I have a flapneck that is the sweetest thing and to see this veilde hiss and act so pissy is new to me. Will she settle down any and is there anything that I can do to help calm her down?

::Thanks
::Dawn

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]