kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Chameleon Taste question?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]

Posted by icequeen on May 06, 2003 at 23:27:33:

In Reply to: Chameleon Taste question? posted by eric adrignola on May 06, 2003 at 14:36:13:

they must have some taste/smell ability because of the way they refuse some food, and can't wait for another.
I can not believe the way Zoe PLOWS through the repti-aide! But was totally ambivilant about the bug juice, and even the wax worms.
I am feeding him the suppliment through a syringe, so there is no challenge, or movement involved, and he sits there WAITING for the next taste...it must taste good, because the texture is like dirt mixed with paste. BLEEECH!

:They seem to have a very good idea of the surroundings, not simply "seeing", but they do interpret their world, too. They will not simply make a beeline to food or a mate, instead, the know what is the best way to get from one part of their area to another--I noticed this in my 12' X 8 X 8 out door cage. The have an inter, 3D map of their enviornment--I believe that is why changing their surroundings stesses them so much.
:Eric

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]