kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

humidity question

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]

Posted by chimbakka on May 03, 2003 at 20:01:13:

In Reply to: humidity question posted by compasscreek on May 03, 2003 at 19:10:11:

I had a HUGE problem with humidity. I ended up buying 2 humidifiers and a fog maching before I found a good solution. Here is what I suggest:
Drape a light cloth over the back and sides (I used a skirt, the kind you can buy at the beach, it has long tie ups attached and makes it easy to get in the right position, and keep it there)
Get a warmmist humidifier and a lamp timer and also look in the duct section of a hardware store for something that will sit on top and aim the air into the cage. I got a 5-3" adapter and a 3" elbow.
If your house is dry keep the humidifier on for a few hours and off for a half hour. You should try and find one that has a control to set the ammount of mist. You can keep it set at about halfway.
If your house is not so dry, have it on for a half hour every few hours and keep it set on the wettest setting.
Make sure you keep the opening of the humdifier a few inches away from the cage, as the mist is really hot at first and may burn. If it is aimed at the cage (like with an elbow) than it will go right in, and travel up, and keep it nice and humid.
Good luck! Sorry this was so long. It took me a while to find something that worked! lol
~Lindsay

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]