kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Nosy Be??? More>>>

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]

Posted by charm_paradise on May 03, 2003 at 15:49:07:

In Reply to: My lil baby... oh and a few questions posted by corn_snake_123 on May 03, 2003 at 14:17:00:

Jamie-

First off your panther chameleon doesn't look like a Nosy Be in the picture. It is hard to tell because it is small, but he looks green with dark green bars, and orange/red/yellow on his dewlap? Can you post a bigger picture? When chameleons shed there skin, it should take only one day, and some may take 2 days. If they are having problems shedding with in this time frame, it is a sign of dehydration. In his feces is the urea white or is it yellow/orange color? There nails should be sharp, it helps them to hold on to tree limbs. I have not had any of my panthers draw blood, but they do scratch. Hope this helps!

John

:This is a updated picture of my lil Nosy be panther, Joeyyyy. well i say lil, look at him now, hes grown at least 4-5 inches in 7weeks! isnt he a cutie :). i dont normally take him out but i have to to take the pic :), i cnt take a pic of him inside his cages because the lighing is at the back and my cam is terrible, what i mean is when i take a pic of him in his cage, he just looks like a shadow and u cant see him.
:right questions:-
:about a week ago it looked like he started shedding, he was flaking off around his bad eye (what hasnt got better yet :-( ). these flakes stayed for about 3 days so i just rubbed a wet cotton bud around the flakes and they came off. then his head started shedding and they arnt attually shedding just white, not flaking. ive increased the himidity, and still, nothing. none of his body is shedding? (you can see flake on top of my chams head, on the pic). is this normal, or is he just taking his time.
:thnx

:oo n are chameleons suppost to have sharp claws, and i mean shape. i have at least 30 cuts on my arm, and theres cuts on my back, face, n chest. n i mean bleeding cuts, it really hurts, lol. but im not clipping or fileing his nails, hes not really used to human contact and i dont hold him anyway so rhers no point, just thought id mention it.
: jamieee

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]