kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

question about happy (and un-happy) colors of my veiled

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]

Posted by tanyacska on April 30, 2003 at 10:15:43:

i posted a while back when my female veiled (6-7 mos old) started to all of a sudden "hate" me, and you all provided some useful tips regarding more leaf coverage, hand-feeding treats, etc. thank you!

the story continues: tulip does not HATE me so much anymore, she does not run to the bottom of the cage and turn dark when she sees me now, but she is not her "happy colors" when i am around. and i am around seldom! i try to sneak up on her when i get home from work, peer around the corner and see what she is up to, but as soon as she sees me she gets darker, and stays that way. when i sneak a peek at her she is usually a green & brown pattern, and she is light green & brown (kind of argyle) when she is sleeping. should i worry that she is really stressed out 24/7? when she was a baby she was such a nice green color all the time, before she turned into a angry teenager! ;)

tulip's setup seems just fine based on everyone's comments here over the months, and our vet's and other herp friends' advice. proper temp, lights, humidity, food, plants, cage, etc.

thanks for any advice or thoughts.

p.s. she is also terrified of silk worms, oh well!

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]