kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

free-roam vs screen?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]

Posted by chimbakka on April 27, 2003 at 09:18:53:

In Reply to: free-roam vs screen? posted by SaraFox on April 26, 2003 at 02:07:56:

I wanted to do a free-roaming set up SO badly for Orion when she's bigger, but I can't. I live in an apartment. My landlord would probably have a heart attack if she saw I was letting a lizzard run loose, lol.
I saw someones free-roaming settup online once. It was made in the back of a huge bathroom. I think that is the best place for it. That way you can keep humidity up and spray, and not worry about where the water is going. I would LOVE to do this.. and will someday when I have a house with an extra bathroom.
Another idea is to make an enclosure with a "privacy screen" type of thing to keep the cham in. That way when you are home you can keep it open, but when you go out it would latch shut and keep your baby in. I was going to do something like this. I would put a tree in the middle for climbing, and then attach biovine to the walls and have it wrap around, giving lots of places to go. Then I was going to attach the light to the ceiling. I think a MV bulb would be good for a free-roaming setup. Less fixtures, and the UVB reaches a greater distance. I'll put a little pic I made of what I was going to do with this. I think it's a neat idea. :)

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]