kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Zoo Med Repti Therm_UTH  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Can a virus save Frogs from fungal disease? . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Ringneck Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Julie and Jsutin a few questions...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]

Posted by StevetheVeiled on April 23, 2003 at 14:14:02:

In Reply to: Julie and Jsutin a few questions... posted by jusmebabe on April 23, 2003 at 13:39:02:

Thanks. I bought all these cages from Reptile Haven in California - great price. I built my first cage and it's now my 'outdoor' cage. On my 2nd cage, it wasn't worth the money and effort to build something that would be really close to the ones I bought, so I did. Very happy with them. You can see the cages on eBay, actually. The base of my cages actually screws into the sides and the whole thing is connected. Nice and sturdy. I have 'bases' in mind, for drainage, but I haven't gotten to them yet. As for the vines, I use the framing of the cage to support the vines, so it doesn't pull on the screening. I use a corner and wrap around 2 different angles and it won't slide that way. I'm using planting wire to hang things (twists are on the outside of the cage) and then I use artificial vines to cover the wires (to protect their tongue for possible damage on the wires). The pics I showed were not totally up to date, so I'll try to get a few new pics tonight and post them here.

:I really like your cage set ups and i have the same cage and will be getting more. My question is how did you attach the bio vine? I want to get more for the 2 cages i'm going to get but don't ant to tear the screen in order for it to attach it. Secondly where f
:did you buy your cages? Just curious as mine look identical and the bottom is not attached but sits on the egdes of the sides...
:Thanx for your reply :)

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]