kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

can you explain about your outdoor misting systerm...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]

Posted by ndnfeather on April 21, 2003 at 22:59:12:

In Reply to: can you explain about your outdoor misting systerm... posted by pweaver on April 21, 2003 at 13:35:18:

this is gonna be so long im not gonna attempt to fix grammer and type errors.

All i did was hook up some micro tubing from homedepot with high presure fogger. the fogger are 5 for $6.00 they are the cream colored ones that say reduce ambient are tempurature in the package. they have a .5 gallon flow rate. I hooked them up to one of the extra sprinkler station, that was not being use to water any thing. I added a water filter( the kind the remove chlorine and hard water minerals.) just use the sprinkler control unit to turn that station on and off when ever you want. that's the basic setup. my setup was some what electrically complicated and trying to explain would be tough. But ideally you want somthing to turn the foggers on several time a day and when the temp gets extreme. also remember the foggers will not lower then ambient air temp in areas of high humidity. when you set this up you will notice a line from where your foggers start to where they stop(point at which they have diffused to the point of being ineffect at getting any thing very wet.)lets call that line, the begining of the dry zone. you'll want to have high flow drip irragation style sprinklers that water everything from the start of the dry zone down to the ground making sure the ground gets well watered, the soil should always be fairly moist.
plant selection is very very important too, so take that into consideration when you plan. i suggest planing around the types of plants you will place in there , not building then deciding on the plants.
i hope what i wrote make sense to you. just plan before ateemping by charting everything on paper eveytime i design somthing i use atleast ten sheet of graph paper before i get what im after.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]