kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

I have seen Zoe do this (more)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]

Posted by icequeen on April 21, 2003 at 22:14:11:

In Reply to: gaping????? posted by spanish7crocidile7tonight on April 21, 2003 at 14:27:10:

I've seen Zoe sit on his basking branch, after a little while he will open his mouth a little...not to far, maybe half a centimetre. While he is warming himself up, his colours are dark...once he opens his mouth, he seems to lighten a bit.
BUT...he doesn't move. He'll stay there for hours...sometimes with his mouth open, other times with it shut.
When he was so sick his mouth would be open substantially wider, and I could see the strings of mucous. He would sit in spots within his cage that weren't typical...meaning not on his basking branch, or his sleeping branch, I also noticed when he was sick that he would sit with his head tipped upward with his mouth open, perhaps opening his airway a little more. When he is well and too warm, he sits tipped toward the heat source, flattened out, with his head in a more horizontal position.
So...I guess this isn't really "advice" just my observations of my guys normal behaviour compared to his behaviour when he was sick.

:hey everyone, Little Chongo that hurt his arm is eating fine and is slowly lookin better and movin around better the only thing is he sits there with his mouth open , half of his tank is sunny and the other half in the shade, Ive always heard they do this because they are hot but if he's hot why won't he just move? If anyone can answer I'd apreciate the insight.Thankyou!
:Leticia

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]