kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Was your previous post....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]

Posted by icequeen on April 21, 2003 at 16:05:12:

In Reply to: Alrighty..... posted by Gunther on April 21, 2003 at 15:48:13:

an OFFER to help???
Because if it was, it sure didn't sound like it.
It sounded more like a criticism because "if I knew anything about chams I would know what he's doing".

You are the only person on this entire forum that has come at me like that...it sounded confrontational and nasty. I'm sure I'm not the only one who preceived your post that way...but because it was directed at ME, I was the one who replied.

I have never denied that I'm learning about chams on the fly...as MY cham was on the verge of being walked out on and left in an empty apartment to die!!

So...I guess since I know nothing about chams, in your opinion, I should of just left him there to starve to death rather than take him in and provide for him.

Considering my knowledge IS limited, I think I'm doing DAMN good job at caring for my cham.

My cham has had veterinary care, as well as conscientious home care as well as a varied diet, live plants in his enclosure, temperature and humidity gauges, proper lighting...every single one of these items are what has been purchased by ME since bringing Zoe into my home, and all things he lived without for the first two years of his life!!!
He is having a custom made enclosure being built as we speak, because his current enclosure (the one the previous owners have housed him in for two years) is too small, and inappropriate.

Bottom line is...you don't know me, you don't know HOW I care for my cham...and there was NO reason for you to be so nasty in the way you posted to me.

So NO...I don't want your advice.

:There are other things he couldv'e been doing, but you don't want help I guess.
::

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]