kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Does Big SCHTICK mean Big JOKE??

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]

Posted by icequeen on April 18, 2003 at 11:09:58:

In Reply to: What to breed? posted by bigschtick25 on April 18, 2003 at 02:32:03:

I sure it does! And that you're not serious about starting to breed chams.
I want to give the benefit of the doubt on this, and believe that these were just questions, and not actual intent to start right off the bat, breeding chams.
I can tell you this though, I am probably the most NOVICE of cham keepers in this forum, and in the month or so that I have had my cham, I have spent over $500 dollars on him. That does NOT include cost for the cham, or his enclosure, or his basic needs for life...that is my cost in vet bills, meds, special foods for him to try and encourage him to eat...etc. If I had to pay for HIM and his enclosure it would of been a total cost of over a thousand dollars (including all the vet bills, etc).
When you make a statement about how much money is in it to be MADE, it concerns me that you're not willing to SPEND money to ensure your animals would be in their best possible health and enviorment.
What happens when you end up with an egg bound female? Or a cham with an URI...will you just let it die because you want to MAKE money rather than spend it?
Money is just a REALLY poor reason to start bringing living, breathing creatures into the world. It should be done out of love and concern for the species, and what you can do for IT...not what it can do for YOU!

:I am very interested in breeding chameleons. What other than veiled chameleons are a good money market and easy. I don't really want to spend as much money like the panther, but someting more than a veiled. What are the Jackson Chameleons? Are the horn/spikes sharp? Are they mean? Just please help me out on all of this.
:Thanks
:Dan

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]