kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

bigschtick, this is just plain scary!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]

Posted by StevetheVeiled on April 18, 2003 at 10:46:40:

In Reply to: What to breed? posted by bigschtick25 on April 18, 2003 at 02:32:03:

i hate to come down hard on you, but i have been on an absolute 'crash course' on chams for about 9-12 months now and the amount of information just to keep chams is incredible. i'm considering breeding panthers, but i'm 6 months, at least, from even doing that. for you to post 3 threads in a row - asking how to care for chams in general, how to tell their sexes (which differs depending on the cham) and then what cham is the best "money maker" in breeding, because "i don't want to spent a lot of money", is just mind-boggling. you seriously need to step back and re-analyze your choices here. i know many people here have more experience with chams, but i am a small business owner, with lots of experience in business, and your approach is simply horrendous. i get visions of child labor camps in my mind. how can i say this politely, please do NOT breed chams. go get a job, or a second job, and keep chams as a hobby, at most. making money, hopefully not a livelihood, is the worst reason of all to get involved in any type of animal. i hate to come off so harsh, but i believe this needed to be said. you're in this for the totally wrong reason!

:I am very interested in breeding chameleons. What other than veiled chameleons are a good money market and easy. I don't really want to spend as much money like the panther, but someting more than a veiled. What are the Jackson Chameleons? Are the horn/spikes sharp? Are they mean? Just please help me out on all of this.
:Thanks
:Dan

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]