kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Appetite stimulants?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]

Posted by StevetheVeiled on April 17, 2003 at 09:54:19:

In Reply to: Appetite stimulants? posted by anson on April 16, 2003 at 23:32:54:

this thread just answered a question i had about my nosy be, without even having to ask a question. he's on an antibiotic and i noticed a dip in his appetite, but i didn't know to make the corollation between the 2. he's off his meds, as of yesterday, so we'll see if there's an improvement now. if not, i'll look into 'jump start'. thanks.

:I think Baytril is an antibiotic and Panacur gets rid of parasites. I think the vets are trying to stimulate their appetites by making them feel better. I would be wary of them giving these to your animals for no reason. Baytril is over used in my opinion and should not be given to a healthy animal. Antibiotics are rough on a chameleons system and have to be used carefully. Make sure your vet has lots of chameleon experience. Try visiting mythicalchameleons.com (hope I spelled that right) Dr. Ivan Alphonso answered my e-mail and was very helpful with my questions and gave me some super advice. If I lived close enough (They are in Orlando FL) I would definately take my chameleons to see him.
:A product I have used as an appetite stimulant is called Jump Start You can find it on the net at lots of reptile suppliers. It is a gel that comes in a tube and I squeeze a dab on the cricket I am feeding my cham. I would use it in small amounts because it has lots of vitamins in it so you don't want to overdo it, on the plus side it is super high in calories and can help pack weight on an animal that is too thin.
:Hope I helped

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]